Will my child make any friends?
We hope so! We help connect our kids through social events in our subgroups (Shine, Rock, etc.)- typically monthly by age group and then we organize an all ages Fellowship day at the beginning of each month.
What official events do you typically have for members?
MONTHLY (September - May):
- 1st Wednesday--Fellowship Days for all ages (outside groups invited)
- 2nd Friday--Shine Group Member Event (K-2nd grade)
- 3rd Friday--Rock Group Member Event (3rd-5th grade)
- 4th Friday-- Gel Group Member Event (6th-8th grade)
- Various Days--Alive Group Member Event (high school)
Other: Homeschooling 101 Sessions, Various Field Trips, Mom's Night Out
ANNUALLY (for all members unless noted):
- March--Spring Meetup (e.g. Bowling)
- May--Formal Banquet (High School)
- June--Graduation (High School), Used Curriculum Swap (public invited)
- July--End-of-the-Year Party (public invited)
- August--Meet and Greet (public invited)
- September--Back-to-School Meetup (e.g. Roller Skating)
- October--Filing PSA (October 1-15)
- December--Winter Meetup (e.g. Ice Skating)
Can I plan events and activities?
Yes! Please set something up! The Homebuilders Board does not necessarily plan activities, but the Board encourages member families to plan and execute various activities for the benefit of other member families as long as they agree with our statements, bylaws, and policies. There are, however, official events that the Board oversees.
Can I share my passion for ___ with an event, activity, or class?
Yes! Hosting an official subgroup event or creating an unofficial event/class/activity on your own is the best way to ensure that you'll find what you and your family will enjoy and appreciate: Field trips, Lego build days, service projects, beach trips, co-ops, science/innovation classes, etc. Sharing our passions and talents is part of the beauty of a homeschooling community and doing life together!
Am I expected to be at every event and activity?
It's great when people can make it and we can all get to know and support each other! We definitely encourage our members to join us and host or co-host a subgroup event as they can. However, Homebuilders' events are optional and we understand that a lot of our members need flexibility (new babies, health, job schedules, etc.) and they can come to some of our official events, but not others.
Can my high school senior participate in your graduation?
Homebuilders graduation ceremony is a very exciting and special time for students to graduate with friends that they have
come to know and love. We have a special community that has developed over time.
High school seniors may participate in our graduation ceremony if they have been a member of Homebuilders for two
consecutive years prior to their graduation. The board reserves the right to make exceptions to this rule based on extenuating
circumstances. A written request for exception would need to be submitted to the board no later than 4 months before the
If you are looking for a graduation ceremony, but cannot attend ours, please consider CHEA’s
ceremony that they typically have at their annual convention.